Welcome to our website
Four employers' associations and a foundation for education share an office building in Bochum. The building was built in 1950 and is located in the famous ‘Königsallee’, one of the main avenues leading into the city of Bochum.
The five members of the office community are:
- Arbeitgeberverband der Metall- und Elektroindustrie Ruhr/Vest e. V. (AGV Metall) - the Metal and Electrical Industry Employers' Association for Bochum and its surrounding area (region between the Ruhr and Lippe rivers), founded in 1906.
- Westfälischer Arbeitgeberverband Chemie e. V. (AGV Chemie) - the Chemical Industry Employers' Association of Westphalia, founded in 1948.
- Arbeitgeberverband Papier, Pappe, Kunststoff Westfalen e. V. (VPV Westfalen) - the Paper, Board and Plastics Converting Industry Employers' Association in Westphalia, founded in 1946.
- Arbeitgeberverband Ruhr-Lippe e.V. (AGV Ruhr-Lippe) - an employers’ association for other industries in the region between the Ruhr and Lippe rivers, founded in 1948.
- MINT-Stiftung Ruhr/Vest (foundation for projects in the fields of maths, informatics, natural sciences and technics), founded in 2006.
Each of our associations is supervised by an honorary board.
The chairmen of the boards are:
- Mr. Friedrich-Wilhelm Wengeler, Wengeler & Kalthoff Hammerwerke GmbH & Co. KG, Hattingen (AGV Metall/MINT-Stiftung)
- Mr. Hans J. Hesse, Hesse GmbH & Co. KG, Hamm (AGV Chemie)
- Mr. Kai-Uwe Röhrig, Schürmann + Klagges GmbH & Co. KG, Bochum (AGV Ruhr-Lippe)
- Mr. Stephan Potthoff-Wenner, Friedrich Wenner Versmolder Vollpappen- Verarbeitungswerk GmbH, Versmold (VPV Westfalen)
- A team of 25 experts manage the operational business of our offices. Mr. Dirk Erlhöfer is the managing director.
Altogether, the associations number 360 companies as voluntary members with almost 71,000 employees and about 3,900 trainees. A membership is possible with or without direct bargaining coverage.